5 of our Favorite Fall Beverages
Need a new drink to try out with your WonderSip? Try out these 5 drinks sure to give you those Fall Vibes!
Are you looking for inspiration to mix up your WonderSip drink game this Fall?
We here at WonderSip, have compiled a list of our favorite libations for the Fall season sure to give you those cozy vibes.
Try out these 5 drink recipes and don’t forget to top it off with your favorite WonderSip Straw!
There are many types of sangria that you can conjure up, but here is an iteration from the ‘a couple of cooks’ website (which you can see here at the original link for more recipes) that takes inspiration from the ingredients that dominate the fall season.
You will need:
2 tablespoons sugar
½ teaspoon cinnamon
1 750 ml bottle dry red wine, such as Rioja
1 750 ml bottle sparkling cider or apple cider
Optional garnishes: Cinnamon stick, rosemary sprig, remaining orange slices
Mix ingredients like so:
- Thinly slice the apple, pear, and orange. Place them into a medium bowl and stir in the sugar and cinnamon.
- Transfer to a large pitcher. Allow to stand for 1 hour to allow the flavors to meld.
- After 1 hour, pour in the red wine. You can use it immediately, or chill for up to 3 hours.
- To serve, fill a glass with ice. Fill halfway with sparkling apple cider, then halfway with red wine mixture. Garnish with cinnamon stick, rosemary or orange slices. When you’ve polished off the sangria, you can snack on the sweetened fruit.
- Top off the Sangria with your favorite WonderSip straw!
Butterbeer, the famous drink in the Harry Potter series enjoyed by the students at Hogwarts has quickly become a fall favorite due to its buttery and butterscotch flavor which warms you right up.
Having a Harry Potter themed Halloween Party? This recipe would also be perfect for all the witches and wizards attending your festivities!
This recipe can be made hot/warm or cold to your liking!
(source for the recipe found here)
What you will need for your buttery brew:
2 liters cream soda chilled
1/4 tsp caramel extract
1/4 tsp butter extract
For the Cream Topping:
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup butterscotch topping
1/4 cup powdered sugar
Mix the ingredients like so:
- In large mixing bowl, whip heavy cream until it forms stiff peaks.
- Add butterscotch topping and powdered sugar.
- Mix the caramel and butter extracts with the cream soda and then pour the mixture into clear cups or mugs.
- Top with butterscotch cream and a WonderSip straw and enjoy!
Apple Cider Slushie
Not everyone likes hot drinks, so we have a nice alternative for those who still want their ice cold drinks during the Fall while still enjoying the delicious fall fruits.
This yummy apple cider slushie (found here) is perfect for every apple lover this season.
What you need:
- 4 cups apple cider
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- Apple slices, for garnish
How to put it together:
- Stir together all ingredients.
- Ice cream maker method: Churn in an ice cream maker for 8 to 10 minutes until it has a frozen texture.
- Blender method: Pour the mixture into ice cube trays and freeze 3 to 4 hours until solid. Then process in a high speed blender, with a splash of cider to help blend.
- Pour into 4 glasses. Garnish with an apple slice and serve immediately with your favorite WonderSip straw! :)
PSL (Pumpkin Spice Latte!)
A fan favorite of many coffee spots around the United States, the Pumpkin Spice Latte has become super popular in the last decade or so.
Why not try to make it at home? Maybe it will even turn out better tasting than your favorite coffee chain’s version of the drink!
Here’s how to make the coveted fall drink…
2 espresso shots (2 ounces or ¼ cup, or substitute strong coffee)
1 tablespoon pumpkin puree
1 tablespoon maple syrup
4 ounces (½ cup) fresh whole milk* (double for two servings when steaming)
¼ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (double for two servings when steaming)
Let’s put it all together!
- Make the espresso: Make the espresso using an espresso machine, manual espresso maker, French press, or Moka Pot. Go to How to Make Espresso for instructions.
- Mix the espresso: Use a spoon to mix the espresso with the pumpkin puree and maple syrup, stirring until the pumpkin is completely dissolved
- Steam or froth the milk and pumpkin spices (double batch): Combine the milk and the pumpkin pie spice. Steam the milk with an espresso machine, or heat and then froth the milk using your method of choice (milk frother, French press, whisk or covered jar). It’s easiest to steam or froth 1 cup of milk for 2 drinks. Go to How to Steam Milk or How to Froth Milk for details on each.
- Serve: Pour the spiced milk into the center of the espresso, ending with light foam (using half the steamed or frothed milk for 1 drink). If desired, garnish with extra pumpkin spices and a WonderSip straw!
Autumn Apple Bourbon Fizz
Need a sophisticated option for Thanksgiving or your next dinner? Try this delightful cocktail recipe sure to impress every adult at your table.
(Original source here)
You will need:
- orange wedges for the glass
- 1/2 cinnamon + 1 tablespoon sugar for the rim
- 3 tablespoons apple butter
- 2 ounces bourbon
- pinch of cinnamon
- 4 to 6 ounces chilled ginger ale or ginger beer
- fresh figs for garnish
Mix it all together by:
- Rim your glass with a wedge of citrus. I like orange but lemon or lime work too! Stir together the cinnamon and sugar on a plate. Dip the rim in the cinnamon sugar.
- Fill a shaker glass with ice. Add the apple butter, bourbon and a pinch of cinnamon. Shake well for 30 seconds. Pour the mixture into the glass. Fill the glass with ginger ale or ginger beer and serve topped off with your choice of WonderSip Straw to match these fancy fall vibes!